Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A New Direction

So yes, I think I may be on to something. It's funny how for so long an artist draws all these different things in his/her sketchbook and does all these different paintings and what-not, all the while struggling to bring these things together. It seems like it should be easy to just mesh them together and create some nice work, but for some reason it's not. I suppose this what goes on throughout the whole life of an artist, and periodically he/she reaches points of aesthetic clarity. Well, I think I've reached one of those points. I'm working on this little painting right now that was not meant to be anything special but something just clicked halfway through. It's almost finished and when it is I'll post it and the influences that lead to it's creation. I'm quite excited for it because I think it is going to represent the beginnings of a new direction in my work. Banana!

No comments: