Monday, November 29, 2010

Thangs

Here's some stuuuff. I will explain each piece in a caption below it. B-low it. Blow it.


This is a new idea I'm working out. I thought of it a while ago when I was balls deep in my conflict UFC fighter paintings and when it seemed like the world hated me and when I had black dyed hair that covered one side of my face and I was skinny and pale and listened to Bright Eyes all the time. It has it's basis in conflict, but isn't focusing so much on the negative; more on how life can toss you about and you just never know what will happen. So it's concerned with fate. There's three figures overlapping eachother. And guess what? THEY'RE NAKEY! Can you spot the dongs? A lot of pushing and pulling of paint with this piece. Still figuring both concept and execution out, but as I go I believe I'll get a handle on both.


Progress shot of "C. Kovacs." Throwing more and more paint on. Building up texture. After this layer dries I believe I'll go in and start to define features -- AND THEN MUTILATE THEM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!



Progress shots of "Z. Cleve." 


I recently went to the thrifty store and got some nifty frames, some with pictures in them, like Mr. Pope here. I just want to say I have nothing against this pope, not that I kept up enough with him to have an opinion. I liked the little golden frame this was in and I thought I'd make a zombie pope. Why not? This is about 2 by 3 inches.

  
Still want to build up texture. I'll see what I can get away with at this miniature scale.

No comments: